Following her talk on Friday evening, Gillian Travis delivered an absorbing and informative workshop on her Interchange Appliqué technique. Participants learned how to use a simple image, whether self-drawn or computer generated, to create many variations on the chosen theme.
A selection of comments after the workshop:
- An amazing day! Learned so much and had fun experimenting. Thanks for all the iPad tips too. Hope to do another workshop with Gillian some day.
- What a wonderful day! So inspiring and so much more than just quilting.
- Didn’t realise it would be so much about colour and design which was an eye-opener – learned a lot. So many tips and tricks dished out, and really liked the added use of technology.
- Excellent workshop – design and colour made easy, and a mind-blowing array of technological aids. Lots of useful tips and ideas all shown in a relaxed and friendly class – loved it!
- Learned so much about how less is more, using IT to design and make, and colour, colour, colour. I can’t believe how much could be learned in such a short time.
- A really great day, and I learned SO much. I was nervous about the design element but Gillian broke it down into small sections so that I achieved something I am really pleased with.